Old 21-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Phil L

Mike Lyle wrote:
:: sam wrote:
:: [...] For many years I have sown a small tray of French Marigolds
:: in my
::: greenhouse in order to discourage whitefly, and it has never
:: failed.
:: [...]
::: understand that tagetes are also good but I have never tried them
::: myself).[...]
::
:: You have, though: French marigolds _are_ tagetes! OK, so are
:: African marigolds, but I think a lot of the ones around are
:: crosses between the two anyhow.
::

I have tow trays of French marigold seedlings in the house, I'll put them in
there tomorrow and report back.

As an aside, what the hell am I going to do with my mimosa tree?!? - it's
growing at the rate of an inch a day and is now almost four inches tall
(temps 70 - 90 F)...if I take it out of the hot frame, will it die?...what's
the lowest temps it will put up with? - I can't leave the heating on for
many more weeks...

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004