Old 22-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Steveo

"Bruce H. Newman" wrote:
I have two mature red maples in front of the house which throw a lot of
heavy shade over most of the yard. I have had yearly problems getting
grass, flowers and shrubs to grow in this area. Last year, I planted a
special "shade lawn" seed obtained from one of the on-line/mail-order
seed companies. Since the grass seed was planted in the early fall, last
year, it is too early to determine if the grass will actually grow this
year (crossed fingers!) Assuming I have a problem with the grass again
this year, where can I get advice about what lawn seed to plant in this
area? In addition, where can I get information about selecting the
correct flowers and bushes to plant in beds and along walkways in this
shady area? (Location = Central New Jersey; 2 miles from shore) Thanks!

Fine fescue.