Old 22-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Leon Trollski

"Dukester" wrote in message
My wife is the gardener at our place while I have the "maintenance" jobs

of
mowing, digging, removing brush, running the tractor etc. We live in a 25
year old house that has boxwoods, redtips, and more recently, azaleas
planted next to the house. I've tried to tell my wife that it's not a

good
thing to plant this stuff so close to the house (less than 2 feet) but she
ignores me and continues on. Her gardening style is a minimalist

approach;
as in, "it doesn't need trimmed/pruned/removed" even if it's sprawling
across a path or covering up a window. Now we have a 12' Leyland Cypress
about a 2.5' from the corner of the house. If I try and get her to move

or
trim things we end up in an argument and I just drop the subject

altogether.
Should I just leave well enough alone? We have our place treated for
termites every summer, and no problems to date, although there is some
seepage problems in the basement that I can't directly attribute to the
plants being so close. Is discretion the better part of valor in this

case,
and am I making much ado about nothing?.. What is your approach!?

--Cheers!
Duke

I've met someone worse than this guy. A lady claimed to have got hold of
some "illegal" poisons to smear on her front yard plants, just to keep away
the pets and the marauding children. Or maybe the idea was "kill them it
will teach them a lesson". Anyways, she was completely wacko.