Old 22-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Gary

On 4/19/05 8:27 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

i love seeing bees flying around my garden and i think as gardeners it
is our duty to encourage them.
I even have a bee nest! Most bees are completely docile and will only
stung if you harass them. What you might want to watch out for are
wasps in autumn when they are drunk from eating ripe fruit and go a bit
crazed and angry - so keeping fruit trees out of the garden instead of
flowers.

Yes they do go a little bit wonky in the fall but as usual one does not want
to sit on them. Otherwise, from my experience, they are just looking for
food...ignore them is the best way but that is hard to do if they happen to
be sitting on the fork you are about to put in your mouth! Just watch out
and usually you won't be stung....there is no one I know (me included) that
likes wasps around but one can learn to live with them should one try and
understand just what they are doing! They are trying to steal your
food...the little twits...bring out the artillery!