Old 22-04-2005, 10:58 AM
jim

"Rod Out back" wrote in message
Folks,

Got a mate who just installed a new garden fountain at his house in
Gracemere QLD; one with a 240v submersible pump. There is a filter on the
pump, and it seems to clog up within 18 hours, and it needs to be cleaned
out. Mate says there is barely a few bits of gunk in the filter, but they
then get another 18 hours of steadily diminsihing pressure till they need

clean the filter out again.

Now, it sounds to me like there is something more like an air-lock
occurring, which is reduced when the filter is removed, rather than simply

blocked filter. Mate says the amount being cleaned out of the filter is a
very small amount of crud, and they then get another 18 hours run-time.

Anyone run across this? It sort of sounds like there is an additional
problem, or alternately the filter is unbelievably fine. Doesnt sound

quite
like the filter, though, as the amount removed doesnt sound enough.

Thoughts and ideas I can feed back to him welcomed.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

I have 2 x 24v ones on my pond and I had the same problem, that is until I
went to a supplier and bought larger filters, my filters are roughly 200mm
long and about 100mm square with a hole in one end about 25mm diameter but
not all the way through the filter, in the hole goes a pvc extension pipe
that goes into original hole of pump and the filter pulls up over that. I
normally now clean my filters about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks and longer in winter,
the filter pores get clogged normally and a little bit of stuff on the
bottom of the filter that is on the bottom of the pond, that is why you
don't see anything, hope this helps with your problem.