Old 22-04-2005, 09:15 AM
BAC

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , Emrys Davies
writes
Judith,

This image (site) will tell you whether or not it is a hedgehog.

http://www.wildlife-gardening.co.uk/extra%20info.htm

Thank you to everyone who replied - it certainly looks like hedgehog
poo. Obviously I have a family of them - how can I move them on as it
would be impossible for my grandson to roll anywhere on the lawn.

I'm afraid that, according to the SNH people who are killing the Uist
hedgehogs, it would be cruel and inhumane to move them on, since, if put in
a new location with an existing hedgehog population, either they or the
existing hedgehogs would probably starve, whereas if put in a new location
without an existing hedgehog population, that location must be unsuitable
for hedgehogs (which is why there's none there) so they'd die anyway. The
humane solution, as practised in the Uists, is to live trap the hedgehogs,
and then administer a lethal injection.