Old 22-04-2005, 09:42 AM
gavin

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"gavin" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Judith Lea" wrote:

I can't find a picture of fox poo to check - does anyone have a

link?

--
Judith Lea

http://tinyurl.com/8c7ar

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I have also started to get similar unwanted gifts being left on my

lawn. I
know there have been foxes seen in our street although I have never

seen
one, so I am assuming these are from foxes. So the question is how do

discourage foxes) or whatever animal it is) from dong this on my lawn?

Gavin

I don't think that you will be able to stop foxes from using your
garden. They are very determined and soon get used to whatever you use
to discourage them.

Many years ago I dunked used teabags in an expensive liquid (about £8 a
tin, I think) which I was assured would dispel foxes, and placed them
around young heathers which they were digging up. I watched through my
bedroom window and saw the foxes approach cautiously and after a short
while they started playing games with the teabags.

Hedgehogs are to be encouraged and if it were not for their tiny and
inoffensive droppings you would not know that they had visited you. I
have been feeding them for many many years, but none have turned up so
far this season. Do not give them milk or fish based food.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thanks, Emrys - I guess I'll have to grin and bear it then! I don't think
they are hedgehog poos because they seem too big for such a small animal and
even if they were I wouldn't do anything to discourage hedgehogs. Actually I
haven't seen any round here for quite some time :-( Although last year
slugs were not a problem in my garden which might mean that we do have some?

Gavin