Old 22-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Mike Lyle

Chris S wrote:
[...]
"Our" hedgehog appeared earlier today for the first time this year
as I was cutting the grass - evidence on the grass of poo as
described above. The hog itself appeared this evening, scoffing the
grub the cat had left. They enjoy the leftover nuts beneath the
various bird feeders. I like them.

I like them, too: the good they do, the noises they make, their
general purposive pottering-aboutness. Which leads me to hesitate for
a moment before asking, in a purely Ray Mears spirit, has anybody
here actually _eaten_ one?

(I see from today's Grauniad p3 that a little Canadian girl once came
back to life after being frozen to death: her name is Erika. Which,
with a c, is Latin for female hedgehog; maybe it matters more than we
thought what we call our children.)

--
Mike.