Old 22-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Kay wrote:
In article , Phil L
writes
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Obviously R.E. wasn't on the syllabus at whatever school it was you
attended...

It was but they didn't teach us about Latin / Italian / Greek
spellings for obscure plants, it was more about God, Yahweh,
Iseraelites and such likes, what a strange school you must have
attended. :-p

Maybe it's a girls' school thing - you mean you didn't get the
biblical story about Jesus referring to Peter as his 'rock' (or
something like that ...)?

Not only was it an all girls' school - it was a convent (The Sisters of the
Holy Cross)! R.E. was compulsory up to O Level. Now, it's not a convent (the
nuns have been put out to pasture) and they accept boys in the nursery and
infants. All the nuns were Sister Mary somebody-or-other - apart from the
headmistress who was Sister Kevin Arthur Russell. It wasn't until recently I
learned that there really /was/ a St Kevin - but I cannot find a St Arthur,
nor a St Russell (some things I've read have canonised King Arthur but how
can he be a saint when he didn't exist?).

Sorry to drag this even more OT. ;o)

Sarah