Old 22-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Phil L

Martin wrote:
:: On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:25:01 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
:: wrote:
::
::: Martin wrote:
:::: Since paid subscriptions became obligatory, I have received
:::: nothing from uk.rec.gardening, although urg is on their
:::: newsgroup list. All the other groups I subscribe to function
:::: normally
:::
::: Strange: it's still working as usual for me. Have you checked
::: that it still has you down as "Subscribed"?
::
:: Yes, if it is the news reader and News.individual.net .
::
:: I've got it working now. I unsubscribed, deleted urg from the group
:: list, regenerated the group list and resubscribed.

Did you try resetting the local file?
Very often just resetting the LF[1] is enough, but if the news server
address has changed in any way, or if it has been redirected during the
transferral from free to paid, what you did is the correct procedure.

(for those who don't know):
[1] I don't know if Forte Agent has the same issues as with Outlook Express,
very often, a group becomes 'fragmented' and lot's of posts are
appearing without their original posts, this is because OE stores downloaded
messages and headers in a seperate 'folder' for each group, as this folder
expands, it becomes fragmented, lot's of 'bits' of conversations and
threads, to reset it, right click on the group namepropertieslocal
filereset - click yes to the warning about deleting all, then click
compact, when you open the group again, it downloads all fresh messages and
posts.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004