Old 22-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersmitty
Hello, I purchased 4 white dogwoods and two redbud's (along with 3 other trees) all are 5 feet tall and have what looks like good form with nice branches. I planted them about 3 weeks ago as I thought we were through with any really cold weather. All of the other the trees have started to sprout some new life but the dogwoods and the redbud's have not. I planted them according to the instructions I was given and water them every other 2-3 days really well. I hope that I didn't hurt them by planting them to soon. Does anyone have experience with new smaller trees and planting. I am in zone 6 and the soil is just amazing, I am in grape growing country. can someone tell me if the are going to be ok ? I really hope so, I love these types of trees and hope I will see them grow into big beautiful trees.
Thanks RJ's
This site shows how to care for newly planted bare root trees, including watering. Once a week should be adequate.
http://www.state.sc.us/forest/refplant.htm

For trees with a rootball.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/Garden/07226.html
http://www.watersaver.org/pdfs/FALL_..._FOR_TREES.pdf

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.