Old 23-04-2005, 03:02 AM
MC

Thanks Len ... I'll let them ripen on the tree then, but the tin won't work
unfortunately, as the tree is right next to a fence that the possums
frequent most evenings.

Can I cover the fruit with paper bags? Wire? Or something else to stop the
possums getting to the fruit? I suspect they will chew straight through a
paper bag, but you never know ... a half a meter of loose wire fencing
around my vegie garden is all that is required to keep them out of there -
it seems strange, when the possums could easily jump over - but for some
reason they don't? So, maybe a simple paper bag or something would work?

Cheers,
MC

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day mc,

i think pawpaws are one of those fruit that benefit in not being
picked until right on ripe. maybe you could skirt the tree with some
flat tin to keep the possums away?

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before
you send.