Old 23-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Katra

In article .com,
"Tammy" wrote:

Hello,

When I was a kid, I used to pick dewberries near my country home near
Victoria. My Mom would make dewberry cobbler with them.

I've lived out of the state for about ten years, and I've been back for
a few months. My mom is coming to visit next weekend, and I sooooo
want to surprise her with some dewberries. I know it's getting to be
the perfect time of year for them.

Does anyone know where a good area to find dewberries is? I live in
Cedar Park, and I'm thinking that I'll just find some rural roads, and
look along the fence line. I just know that I'm going to look in all
the wrong places, because I want this too much. Any tips?

Thanks,
Tammy

Most dewberry patches are ready about May 1st. ;-)
And most patches are already well staked out by locals!

My mom and I used to find MANY dewberry's out in the oil fields around
the Gonzales area. You are just going to have to drive around in the
back fields and get lucky. ;-)

There is a protected, pretty much unstaked field out in the wealthy
housing development in seguin where people have aircraft hangers.

Your BEST bet will be to look around on line for live canes and get your
own patch started.

That's more or less what I did, but I'm growing thornless blackberries
instead.

Happy hunting!!!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain