Old 23-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Don Walker

Respectfully, I'd like to disagree.

I've heard many people say the journey is the prize, they seek the peace
and joy of working with nature. You are all presuming that Berti's
primary motivation is to show Bonsai at the monthly club meeting or to
complete the "project".

While I take no issue with those who find value in these pursuits, their
reasons are not mine. I fully expect those trees I don't kill to
outlive my association with them. I hope someone else will choose to
care for them when we part company.

If at 85 I choose to plant a few acorns I won't be worrying about seeing
them become great Bonsai but will instead be thinking about the great
oaks I've seen and will smile when I see them poking their heads up from
the dirt.

-Don
1+ years experience in bonsai.

As to patience. Many come to bonsai later in life.
For us seed growing bonsai is not viable. I hope you are
about 20 years old and can see this project through.

kits

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++