Old 23-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Kitsune Miko

You presume as much as you feel I am presuming that I
know Berti's motives as you feel you must know mine.
He said he wanted to start bonsai from seed. My
intrpretation of that is that he wants a bonsai tree.
He also seems to want the journey of getting there
from seed. As said earlier by another, he may want to
get another plant while his seeds mature enough to
become bonsai if what he wants is a bonsai. So we
don't actually know what he wants besides asking how
long he has to wait for the seeds to sprout, a
possible indication of impatience on his part. My
comment was only intended to indicate passage of time.

I have over 300 bonsai in and out of pots. That is
not counting the 50 or so various cuttings I have to
repot next week or last year's cuttings. I do know
the joy of the journey. The care of my trees is
provided for in my will. They will continue.

Respectfully,

Kitsune Miko

--- Don Walker wrote:
Respectfully, I'd like to disagree.

I've heard many people say the journey is the prize,
they seek the peace
and joy of working with nature. You are all
presuming that Berti's
primary motivation is to show Bonsai at the monthly
club meeting or to
complete the "project".

While I take no issue with those who find value in
these pursuits, their
reasons are not mine. I fully expect those trees I
don't kill to
outlive my association with them. I hope someone
else will choose to
care for them when we part company.

If at 85 I choose to plant a few acorns I won't be
worrying about seeing
them become great Bonsai but will instead be
thinking about the great
oaks I've seen and will smile when I see them poking
their heads up from
the dirt.

-Don
1+ years experience in bonsai.

As to patience. Many come to bonsai later in

life.
For us seed growing bonsai is not viable. I hope

you are
about 20 years old and can see this project

through.

kits

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund
Castillo++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott