Old 23-04-2005, 12:45 AM

paghat wrote:

The lesson remains: See what you're getting before you plunk down the
money, & SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NURSERIES.

-paghat the ratgirl

I do support my local nurseries. Bluestones is only about a 45 minute
drive away from me, and I still order from them by mail. And every
spring I groan about the size of the plants and the shipping. Of course,
things then start growing and I'm happy again.

I like to order from Plant Delights in North Carolina too. (There
catalog is great!) The thought usually occurs to me how these are
southern grown plants, and might not do well here in the north, but it's
only a fleeting thought.

The truth is I'm just too tired and/or lazy to walk around and shop
anymore, even if I do get a day off once in a great while.

Jean
Zone 5 OH (with snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday)