Old 23-04-2005, 02:36 AM
World Traveler

You're right -- we never seriously considered that area, and I can't tell
you why it doesn't appeal to us -- . The lakes in the highlands area were
one factor in our decision.

Most of the expansion here has been from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale north. We
were in Palm Beach County and there is now one big strip city from Miami all
the way north to Port St. Lucie or further, bounded by the Atlantic on one
side and the Everglades/agricultural area/Lake Okechobee on the other.
Tampa and Orlando are also growing equally fast, in all directions. Orlando
environs have moved almost 20 miles west along I-4 in the 6 years since we
moved here, and in a decade or so you'll have another strip city along I-4
that runs from Tampa Bay to Orlando, Sanford and perhaps all the way to
Daytona Beach.

There has also been an increased migration of long-time Floridians north to
Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina

Regards --

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Hmm - interesting. I was down in the Homestead area 3 years ago and found
it to be very low-density suburban, with houses on 3 acre lots and no
traffic. My friend was about 45 minutes south of Miami - is that farther
out than either you or World Traveler?

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Toni" wrote in message

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Hi,

What happened to the quality of life in So. Fl? Most people I know would
love to live in that climate...

It's a busy, overcrowded place.
But as my husbands job is here so am I, and I am quite happy.
I have a marvelous little patch of ground to play in and don't often need
venture out into high traffic areas.

Would I like to be a tad bit further north in a less congested area?
Sure.
But at least until he's able to join me in retirement here is where I'm
going to be and I'm making the very best of it.

--
Toni
South Florida USA