Old 23-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Eddypilot

Default My fish are crazy

My pond is about 1300 gallons (just a swag.. might be more or less) and
I have lots of goldfish and kio in there. When I setup the pond i only
put maybe 6 goldfish and 3 or 4 kio in there and now I have many many
more. In past years I have removed some of the babies to help control
the population but the pond still seems to have more fish then would be
generally recommended.

Like I said... the fish are crazy. If I stand near the pond the fish
will all hide at the bottom, and usually wait until I walk away to eat
if I put food it. I just got the pump and filter running early this
week and the water is starting to clear up a bit. (it's been dark
green). I checked the usual suspects, Ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH ~
7.5. everything seems like it should be good. I haven't had any fish
show up dead that I know of.
I thought about pumping a bunch on water out and cleaning out the
bottom and getting all the alge off the sides of the pond but is it
possible that I am causing some emotional trauma to the fish by doing
so? Maybe they are upset about me romoving their babies?

Any thoughts about what might be wrong with there fish?