Old 23-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Elaine T

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
I use fabric lined baskets or pots with Fluorite or Schultz Aquatic
Soil. They are loose, porous media and I don't understand how the
nitrate and phosphate from rose spikes wouldn't get out into the water
with as many plants and as small a volume of water as I have. Don't I
need the plants to be living on nutrients in the water?

Fertilizers, especially phosphate bind with the soil, especially clays, so
they don't leach. Many of us feed our plants thus, and have no green water.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Gotcha! Thanks so much for the explanation. I really like to
understand what I'm doing and how it works.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__