Old 23-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Elaine T

robv60 wrote:
We are about to re-fill our ponds after a draining and thoruogh
cleaning. We will be using city water and have already purchased enough
Tetra Aquasafe to treat the water. The instructions on the back are
pretty clear, BUT, there is nothing in the instructions that say if or
how long you need to wait after using the Aquasafe before you
re-introduce fish into the pond. After we fill and treat the pond, how
long do we need to let the Aquasafe circulate or whatever before the
fish can move back in? Anyone use this before? What did you do?

I'm a pond newbie but a longtime fish tank person. AquaSafe reacts very
quickly with chlorine, as do all dechlorinating chemicals. If you add
it gradually to the hose outflow, the dechlorination should be complete
within minutes. Waiting for a few hours with the pump on gives a
generous margin of safety.

When I first filled my tiny pond, I was more concerned about water temps
than neutralizing chloramine because the tapwater was cold. It took a
day or so for my water to warm up - I guess it probably takes longer in
bigger ponds. I also like to allow for an overnight check-out of pumps
and filters to make sure everything is working perfectly before I put
fish in a tank or pond.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__