Old 23-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Kitsune Miko

Bonsai is a personal journey for many of us no matter
how we go about our process. I think sitting in
judgment of another’s process is counter productive to
that process. There are many ways of birthing a
bonsai. Seed, Cutting, collecting, nursery stock, all
valid in my book.

My personal choices are from cuttings or collected
materials ( collected from neighbors, wild and
nurseries) With over 300 trees in my collection, I am
a bit picky about what I add or subtract from that
collection. I have a 30 year old koto hime maple
(very small leaves) that is about 25 years in my care
from a 4” nursery pot. It is now in a 2 gallon can
and has gone from pencil size in diameter to about
2”. We have a relationship. She has been mother to
many other Shohin sized bonsai grown from cuttings.
She has populated forests from 1.5” in height to about
10 inches in height. She is not a bonsai tree, but
may start becoming one soon. She is in partner with
me for my process.

Do I think this is the only way to do bonsai? No. I
have tried my seeds. I have trees in the ground. I
have many spectacular trunks with good nebari. I
don’t consider any of these bonsai at this point in
our lives, but we continue the journey.

Kits

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++