Old 23-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Bruce W.1" wrote:

- Sometimes I have to go out of town for a month or two. I'm trying to
- figure out a way to keep my house plants watered.
-
- I've tried the ceramic cones that have a water tube attached. This
- works pretty well, but only for a few weeks. I think hydrostatic
- pressure affects this system too much. It can pull more water than is
- needed.
-
- Also I've experienced mold growth in my water reservoir. I'm not sure
- if there's a solution to this, or if it's really a problem. Is this
- mold harmful to plants?
-
- Seems like there should be a simpler way of distributing water, like
- with a cotton rope. The toilet reservoir might make a good
- self-replenishing water reservoir.
-
- Has anyone devised a way of automatically watering house plants for two
- or three months?
-
- Thanks for your help.

Something I read somewhere long ago said to leave them in the bathtub with a
little water in the tub. Cover the tub with plastic wrap. That new cling
wrap with the sealer stuff on one side should work excellently for this
purpose. I don't recall whether the article advised to poke small holes in
the plastic wrap, but I would.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~