Old 23-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Henry

Zemmy!! wrote:
Now that the temps are warming I've been out looking at my Zepherine
Drouhin. It was planted last May and this is my first attenpt at Roses. I
see some green buds near the base but am not sure if the longer canes are
still alive. Do climbers keep adding onto the longer canes? How can I tell
if the longer canes are still alive? (they grew close to 6 feet last year).

The longer canes should leaf out and send out side branches. I'm in
Maryland which is probably a little ahead of you but mine is quite
green. If there is no sign of life after another week or two, I'd cut
it back to where it is growing.

--
Henry