Old 23-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Stan The Man

If we could only see the little varmits and get some occasional
"awww...sweet" value from them then it would be easier to live with the
ruination of the lawn and borders. And the key thing that no-one seems
to want to mention is that they can make the lawn a dangerous place.
Often I have turned my ankle when sinking into an almost invisible mole
tunnel in soft going or when tripping over a hardened rut or mound.

I don't think that my oneness with Nature extends to breaking a few of
my bones to preserve the sanctity of the mole community.

But I would be happy to live with them if there were a way to corral
them into their own area of the lawn where I would never venture.
Otherwise, it's them or me.