Old 23-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Xcalibur

Default Creating a Clay Barrier

Folks:

I am the proud owner of a home, as of this past fall. I'm a new
homeowner and this is a learning experience.

When I had the inspection done, the inspector suggested that I
put a clay barrier around the north and west side of the house
to prevent water seeping into the structure. I need to dig a
trench of 6 inches down by 6 inches wide along the perimeter of
the home.

Aside from the obvious answer, is there any tool or machine that
would make this job easier. Sure, I can get on my knees and use
a hand shovel, but that's a fairly work intensive project. If
there is something easier, I woudl be interested in hearing
about it.

Thanks for any information that you can suggest.

Cheers!

Xcalibur

Xcalibur
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada