Old 23-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Bear Drummer

Default tulips suffering

My mother bought some tulips to plant in an area that was already
designated for other things... so they were put in pots out in the
sun... they were forgotten about by me, while I was setting up the rest
of the garden, and since nobody else was thinking of them, they dried
up.... Then they were watered, and subjected to a 3 day rainstorm that
knocked them down - as well as the fact that there weren't drain holes
in the pots, so they were overwatered. One of these several things
made the parts above ground die.

My question is - living in south Mississippi, there is enough growing
season to start over... how should the bulbs be prepared to do this? I
am not familiar with bulbs, so I really have no clue as to what to do...