Old 23-04-2005, 08:19 PM
fran

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:15:23 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

the tree peony beside the NSSG blew my socks off. Anyone wishing to see her
picture, holler at me. It's beauty made me cry.

My tree peony (3' by 3') opened all its flowers at once. It is covered
with about 30 8" wide white flowers. I have 3 newer ones, only one
of which was big enough to bloom (at 1' by 1') and it has all three of
its flowers open - pink fully double blossoms, opening to about 6".

Such huge flowers on such small trees. The only thing with all
opening at once is the short display. Instead of 3 -4 weeks of
blooms, I'll get only one

Fran
western NC, zone 7a