Old 23-04-2005, 04:33 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Sue Begg" wrote in message
In message , batgirl
writes
Bristol, bring 'em on! Seriously though, I very strongly believe that I
SHARE my garden with ALL creatures. What arrogance and cruelty to
exterminate a living creature because it is trying to make a home in it's
diminishing habitat. I would be truly honoured to have moles living in my
garden.

Clare

...waiting for the inevitable onslaught ;-)

No onslaught :-)
I am incorporating a wildlife area and pond (about 60ft diameter) we
have hares, pheasants, rabbits, voles, the occasional deer and I am
having to redesign my embryonic pond because sand martins have decided
the part completed bank is a good nest site. I live in the countryside
because I like the wildlife but the flower bed is a disaster area and
the reason for asking for advice was to see if anyone had tried the
'move them out' bulbs.

Never heard of the bulbs but I have been told that if you put mothballs
dopwn the runs and holes they go away because they hate the smell. My mother
swore by childrens windmills poked into the ground as apprently the moles
hate the low frquency sound made at the blades turn in the breeze.