Old 23-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Pickle

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in message
That could well be a fungal root infection, in which case it has had
it. If it is that sick, cutting it back hard will probably kill it,
but there isn't much you can do to cure it. My inclination would be
either to plant a vigorous climber (e.g. Clematis montana) or grub
it up and replant with something that ISN'T a member of the Rosaceae.
If you do the former, watch out for it falling down as it decays.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick - is rowan a member of the rosaceae family then? What I
might do is cut off the dead branches and then give it this year and
see. If it doesn't recover I'll chop it down in autumn.