Old 23-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
...in my front garden, literally hundreds of them...is there any point in
trying to introduce them to my whitefly in the greenhouse?

I don't know that they eat whitefly, but no harm in trying.

Will LB's live in a greenhouse?

In theory they will. Suppliers of biological controls will sell you
ladybird larvae. Keep the windows shut until they've laid eggs else
they'll just fly away if they don't like it.

and more to the point, will they eat
whitefly?...I've lost half a dozen fuchsia cuttings and a few chilli plants
inside a week to whitefly,

Really? I get heavy infestations, but they seem to do less damage than,
say, red spider or even aphids.

Are you sure you don't have a red spider infestation as well as the
whitefly?

have you tried the yellow sticky fly papers? And butterwort
(insectivorous plant) seem to like them.

maybe the cuttings can go outside but the chillis
definately can't, marigolds haven't heleped neither, maybe they need to be
in bloom?

--
Kay