Old 23-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Sacha

On 23/4/05 17:45, in article
, "VX"
wrote:

My physical disability limits what I can do- after a relatively small amount
of exertion I start to ache and become exhausted so I need some way of doing
this that gets round that. This is my first garden and I'm making it
low-maintenance and so on, but I haven't solved the hose problem yet.
I don't want to use sprinklers or anything sophisticated- ideally I'd just
like a hose I can manage, point where I want, then put away afterwards
without doing any hard work.

snip
A couple of years ago we were on holiday in Menorca. The owner of the villa
we rented had installed holey hosepipe all round the garden and came over
two or three mornings a week to turn on a tap which ran for an hour or so.
The pipe was almost invisible threaded behind or among shrubs. You can buy
such hose from some garden suppliers (try a Google search). And if you're
going for low-maintenance don't go for things in containers because they
need more watering, more often, in summer.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)