Old 23-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Phil L

Default dandelion seeds

Does anyone know if the yellow seed heads of dandelions are able to
grow?...what I mean is that I chopped about a million of them down today
with the lawnmower, will they grow after being composted, or do they need to
dry out and become 'clocks'.

Also, does anyone have any experience of composting inside a binbag? - if I
seal lawncuttings and a little soil (and some pee!) inside a black bag, will
it compost any quicker than on my heap, which is now just a foot of grass
clipings, with some partially decayed caedboard underneath...I want to use
some in the hanging baskets next month (late May - we get frost in early -
mid May up here)

TIA

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004