Old 23-04-2005, 09:41 PM
enigma

"Bear Drummer" wrote in
ups.com:

My six year old daughter has a garden box all her own. It is
a brick box along one side of our porch, up above the ground
by about 2.5 feet, with strands of twine reaching up to the
roof... she has morning glories, moon flowers, and oriental
sugar peas (with a few marigolds thrown in). The leaves,
espicially the sugar peas, are being eaten by something I
can't find.

you don't see any insects? i'd suspect slugs before bugs,
considering the plants. see any slime trails?

Anyone have any ideas to try?

a shallow dish of beer in the box. it helps if you can place the
rim of the dish level with the soil, but it's not really
necessary. put it in the box in the evening, empty the dead drunk
slugs in the morning. easy & non-toxic, although somewhat
disgusting
lee