Old 24-04-2005, 02:36 AM
maestro

Default Can this Rhododendron be saved

I purchased a 4ft Rhododendron from Costco for half-price thinking
I might be able to get it healthy..it seems Costco did not water these
plants and they looked it but I picked the best of the lot. I
immeadiately gave it a huge drink then the next day transfered it to a
larger container..after losening up the root ball somewhat,added
quality commercial garden soil..anyway,it seems to be holding it's own
and getting slightly better but am I doing enough,should I be deep
watering it because of its condition..I know rodies don't like too much
watering..is this the exception? My neighbor says to give it a big can
of tomato juice for the acid?