Old 24-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Magwitch

Sacha muttered:

On 22/4/05 11:37, in article , "Magwitch"
wrote:

snip

I sometimes wonder why people don't consider the _mental_ health risks they
impose on children, with their paranoia and hysterical phobias.

Try Googling and see how many children are hospitalised by hedgehog/fox poo
per annum, why don't you? MRSA is a much more serious threat, and more
prevalent in hospitals than back lawns.

Like someone said, "rake it up".

You're being pretty silly, as well as rather unnecessarily rude in an
oblique fashion. Judith has posted here on and off, for years and is not
only one of the more intelligent and helpful posters - not to say one of the
funniest - she is one of the least hysterical people I know. And I can
assure you that she almost certainly knows more than you do about
administration in hospitals which may be why she wants to know if something
is a potential health hazard.

I don't think so. For the last 6 years I've worked on antibiotic resistance,
only this week a study published that showed that young children exposed to
multiple childhood infections have a 50% lower risk of leukaemia, because
their immune systems have been 'primed' to cope and are healthy.

If well-meaning, but misguided carers try to eliminate *every* instance of
what is perfectly ok in a natural habitat, they are storing up problems for
their kids. I repeat, give me an example of *one* child whose health has
been compromised by hedgehog excreta, please.