Old 24-04-2005, 06:24 AM
presley

fran was correct. Tulips will not come back in southern mississippi. Even if
the bulbs are not rotted (which is unlikely), they need to be stored dry and
relatively cool over the summer, and then chilled in the refrigerator for
6-8 weeks in late fall before planting in december. No one in his right mind
bothers to do this...LOL. Nurseries in the south will sell them pre-chilled
if you really want them. But you can grow amarylis outside as a perennial
bulb, and they are so much more spectacular. Northern gardeners would
sacrifice much to be able to have amaryllis blooming in their outdoor
gardens - but it just isn't in the cards. Neither are tulips in southern
mississippi, without a tremendous amount of effort every year.
"Bear Drummer" wrote in message
ups.com...
My mother bought them already blooming... they are in 6 inch deep pots
right now... they were dehydrated, then overwatered - and the stems
have turned yellow... I am hoping that there is still something I can
do to save the bulbs, either for later this year, or next year...