Old 24-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Mike

I thought I had found what you wanted on this site
http://tinyurl.com/7lnpk, but when I opened the link and searched the
many pages on e.Bay I find two Geoff Hamilton sites
http://tinyurl.com/8u6so and http://tinyurl.com/84mbj, but neither refer
to the contruction of beehive compost bins.

Maybe you will have more success because I only searched to page 13.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I will check through them, but I have a feeling that whilst there is a
picture of them in one of the books, there were no plans as such and I built
mine by picture examination, trial and error. Getting the angle was the
worse bit, the inside of the bottom of the next layer you are putting on,
must be bigger then the outside of the top of the layer you are building
onto. They must be a loose fit, not a 'hit to fit'.

The advantage of the beehive compost bin, built layer by layer, is that it
is very easy to take some layers off as the compost settles and makes it
easier to turn, and then empty. There is no height restriction, but the
higher you go, the 'out of proportion' it looks.

And yes, we really did have one in the front garden for a while :-))

Mike