Old 24-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Suzie-Q

In article Xwwae.1449$yc.1094@trnddc07,
"Travis" wrote:

- Suzie-Q wrote:
- In article ,
- "Bruce W.1" wrote:
-
- - Sometimes I have to go out of town for a month or two. I'm
- trying to
- - figure out a way to keep my house plants watered.
- -
- - I've tried the ceramic cones that have a water tube attached.
- This
- - works pretty well, but only for a few weeks. I think hydrostatic
- - pressure affects this system too much. It can pull more water
- than is
- - needed.
- -
- - Also I've experienced mold growth in my water reservoir. I'm
- not sure
- - if there's a solution to this, or if it's really a problem. Is
- this
- - mold harmful to plants?
- -
- - Seems like there should be a simpler way of distributing water,
- like
- - with a cotton rope. The toilet reservoir might make a good
- - self-replenishing water reservoir.
- -
- - Has anyone devised a way of automatically watering house plants
- for two
- - or three months?
- -
- - Thanks for your help.
-
- Something I read somewhere long ago said to leave them in the
- bathtub with a little water in the tub. Cover the tub with plastic
- wrap. That new cling wrap with the sealer stuff on one side should
- work excellently for this purpose. I don't recall whether the
- article advised to poke small holes in the plastic wrap, but I
- would.
-
- Two or three months in the tub with no sun? I don't think so.

Grow light? Flourescent light?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~