Old 24-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen
...I'm not long home from work and have just seen the state of the front garden - all the grass has been taken away and my husband has replaced it with pebbles and scattered plant pots - I don't like it yet so I'll be heading off to the garden centre this afternoon for groundcover
plants. My selection is quite limited as we live in a fairly cold climate and the westerly winds are salt-laiden (fine for the golfers but not for residential gardens. If you get any ideas for the garden I'd appreciate any help. Is this what is known as "a senior moment"?

Maureen, oh my! These two sites will be helpful for ideas. You can select by zone and sun conditions since you didn't mention them.
http://stepables.com/
http://classygroundcovers.com/

Good luck,
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.