Old 24-04-2005, 06:28 PM
PatK

jeremyal wrote:
"PatK" wrote in message

Hi all,

This may seem like a silly question but I've never seen anybody talk about
it before. Can I take some bell pepper seeds out of a pepper I get from
the grocery and plant them? Do they need to dry out or be put in the
refrigerator or anything?

Pat

Last fall I took some seeds from a store bought pepper and dried them
over the winter. I planted indoors a while ago and now have three large
plants with the beginning buds of little bell peppers. I don't know if they
need to dry, or dry that long, but thats one way to do it. ...I think I
read somewhere that store bought peppers are usually hybrids and the seeds
usually won't produce good peppers -- I'll have to wait and see.

Jeremy

I was just wondering because I have a pepper I got from the grocery that
was gorgeous red and huge, plus it was really tasty. I've let them dry
and put them in the refrigerator just in case. I just wondered if I
planted them now if they'd grow. I've never seen it mentioned before.

Pat