Old 24-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:48:00 +0100, Klara wrote:

Some 18 months ago Lakeland's wondrous plastic tube plant ties, which I
had loved, disappeared, and I was left bereft. But at Chris's suggestion
I persevered with my tights, having discovered that the key is to slice
them up into *very thin* slices - and have spent many happy hours
pottering with them since - thanks, Chris!

But the plastic tubelets seem to have had a new incarnation: apparently
the same sort of thing is now called 'scoubidous': thin plastic tubes in
all colours of the rainbow and even glitter, and must-haves for primary
school children: they braid them, make jewellery and animals out of them

Wonder how long before we're encouraged on some makeover programme to
tie up our plants in toning colours, contrasting colours, glittery
colours.....

Oh, I shall have to raid my grand-daughter's supply of those things!

I buy a big roll of brown plastic "string". I've bought the rolls I've
had from stalls at garden shows. I think it was the company that sells
gardening gloves, markers etc. It's very soft, lasts well, is reusable
and less noticeable than the brightly coloured stuff.
I's still use tights for tying up tomatoes and other soft stemmed
plants.

Pam in Bristol