Old 24-04-2005, 10:39 PM
jOhN

Chris wrote:
Once again this stuff is ruining my crepe myrtle. I tried spraying it with
water and baking soda to change the ph but that didn't seem to have any
effect. Other than fungicide that is so harmful to humans (I forget it's
name) does anyone have any suggestions? This will be year 3 that my crepe's
blooms have been compromised and drastically reducing it's blooms.

I'm still ****ed off at the gardener who chose NOT to put in a mold
resistant variety.

Frustrated,
Chris

My best non-chemical results came from making sure that there was plenty
of free moving air around them and not getting water on the leaves late
in the day. Mine are now about 10-20ft tall and I keep the leaves
trimmed up to about 5-6ft. The multiple trunks are really attractive
after 20 years.