Old 24-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
news:00gae.11$zv1.10@lakeread07...
paghat wrote:

The lesson remains: See what you're getting before you plunk down the
money, & SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NURSERIES.

-paghat the ratgirl

I do support my local nurseries. Bluestones is only about a 45 minute
drive away from me, and I still order from them by mail.

Have you ever gone to Bluestone's big spring clearance sale? It would be
worth the 45 minute drive. It is usually held around the first weekend in
June. They have a set price and you are free to roam the greenhouses and
pack as much as you can into a flat. It used to be $20 for a flat, but I
understand that the price has gone up. Still, at twice the price, it would
be a deal since most of their plants are in the 3 for $8 range. My sister
lives in Mentor, and I usually send her a list of things I want.