Old 24-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Paul Luton

In message
"WRabbit" wrote:

On digging over a border yesterday I unearthed some white grubs with brown
heads. I thought they looked like nasties but wasn't sure, but after a
little work with Google vine weevils were high on the list of suspects. The
one doubt I had was that the grubs were longer (about 1" - 1.25" than the
stuff I was reading suggested.

This does sound too long. Anyway vine weevils don't seem to cause nearly as
much damage in the garden as they do in pots.

I've just gone back to the bed and found what I suspect are the eggs - I'm
now convinced it is vine weevils. They are round 4-5mm balls with a brown
hard case and a soft white inside - and there are LOTS of them.

Probably slow release fertiliser.

Don't panic.

Regards Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames