Old 25-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Phil L

Harold Walker wrote:
:: Out of curiosity how do you folk over yonder store your 'left
:: over' seeds? HW

I have recently grown some plants from seeds which were at least 6 years
old, almost all of the vegetable seeds have grown ( sprouts, onions,
tomatoes) and none of the flowers (impatiens, petunia and another one I
can't remember)...the veg had an almost 100% success (apart from 3 sprouts),
the flowers did nothing at all, all were Unwins, unopened and went out of
season in '99.
These seeds (amongst dozens of other packets) were stored in a 'Quality
Street' tin on top of the kitchen cupboard for at least five years in
temperatures ranging from 4C on winter nights to 30C+ when Sunday dinners
get cooked.

Draw whatever conclusions you can from that lot!

(I'm growing beetroots, radishes and lettuce in a few weeks time from the
same seeds, I'll let you know if they grow)

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004