Old 25-04-2005, 11:40 AM
maureen

Newt wrote in message ...
maureen Wrote:

...I'm not long home from work and have just seen the state of the
front garden - all the grass has been taken away and my husband has
replaced it with pebbles and scattered plant pots - I don't like it yet
so I'll be heading off to the garden centre this afternoon for
groundcover
plants. My selection is quite limited as we live in a fairly cold
climate and the westerly winds are salt-laiden (fine for the golfers
but not for residential gardens. If you get any ideas for the garden
I'd appreciate any help. Is this what is known as "a senior moment"?

Maureen, oh my! These two sites will be helpful for ideas. You can
select by zone and sun conditions since you didn't mention them.
http://stepables.com/
http://classygroundcovers.com/

Good luck,
Newt

Newt

Living on the West Coast of Scotland we can have the four seasons in
one day, but I'll have a look at the websites you suggested.

On saying that yesterday was a fantastic day here (17degrees)and it
looks as though the sun is here to stay for the next few days, so it
will be happy planting