Old 25-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Mike

Aye , I've got that C'n'G, 'n a few others!. Started as a Labourer in '47
straight out of the RAF..
Did the lot, workwise, on the job. Gangs, Exchanges, Repeater Stns.
Finished up Senior T.O. Looked after Lancaster Repeater Station then

came
back to Barrow as a T2A again due to wife's health. (Lost my rank and
seniority, but worked my way up to the S.F.I.O job). Very nice!,

wandering
around West Cumberland and the Lake District every day.
Sadly, I lost the Lass last August.
Best wishes to you Mike, and to all.
Doug.
********

Sort of on a par with me. I was a Senior Technician Instructor in a GPO
Training School in Leicester. Three of us were qualified for an Inspector's
Board, but the Principal would never put anyone forward, so I thought 'I
would rather stagnate back on the Isle of Wight than in Leicester' so I put
in for a transfer. The only way was drop to T2a which I accepted. Senior
Executive Engineer came over from Birmingham and wanted to know why I was
taking such drastic action. I told him the full story. My transfer was July
31st. Principal was removed from the school and the other two had their
Inspectors Boards on September 6th :-)) That was in 1971 and I was put in
touch with one of them about 3 weeks ago :-))

Mike