Old 25-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Mike Lyle

Popeye wrote:
Rod wrote:

Thanks Rod, that's helpful.

My problem is that I sense that the seedlings are too small to

handle
and so I let them grow on, 'till they're too large to transplant
without root damage! Illustrated by my buying the modules and
ericacious this weekend but not having the heart to 'dig up' the
seedlings! Everything I've read tells me to wait for the true
leaves. By which time they have a fairly developed root system.

Your advice gives me the confidance to lift them with the seed

leaves
and get them growing on. Thank you.

[...]

I wonder if it would have helped to mix the seed thoroughly with sand
before sowing: that way you don't get so many seedlings quite so
close together. Or so the books say -- I've never done it.

--
Mike.