Old 25-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Dave H

"Mike" wrote in message
verging on the limits of acrobats is being performed in the garden by
Sparrows. I have tied some bundles of soft brown string up and the birds

are
pulling it to pieces, flying off with a few strands and returning for

more.
Nice soft nest lining in nests somewhere, but it is the antics and

acrobatic
performances they put up which is truly amazing.

Try it in your garden. We have ours tied on one of the trellises

Mike

Mike
you won't like this, but we have used cat fur for this purpose for
years.....
(you would obviously prefer dead cat fur?)
simply brush the cat and hang up the fur, you can watch a sparrow or blue
tit
flying of with a bundle bigger than they are!!!

I like the irony of a supposed bird enemy actually helping in some way

Dave H