Old 25-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Gail Futoran

"gman" wrote in message
m...
A couple of my roses have this stuff on the underside of the leaf. It
appears more often with newly planted plants. What chems can i use to get
rid of it? Hopefully something that wont do any harm to my dog, since he
likes to rome around the yard.

Although I've never experienced it on my roses, based
on photos in various rose books I own, it sounds
like rust. I'd recommend asking around to see what
is the best solution to deal with it. There are the
usual "nuclear" options but, as you say, you don't
want to poison the yard and there might be an
organic option.

Maybe do a search on rose rust in google and see
what comes up.

HGH - Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8